Monday, July 31, 2017

Year 20?!

Tomorrow I begin my twentieth year of teaching.

Twenty years?! I still feel like a newbie, which is a good thing, as far as I'm concerned. Accepting that I don't know it all and that I still have so much to learn is one of the main reasons that I keep showing up each year, each day, each period.

A few months ago, I reflected on the past two decades in a layout that I created for a class at Get It Scrapped. It was recently shared on the GIS Instagram feed, which means that I can finally share it here.
This isn't the first layout that I've made about being a teacher, but it is the first that pulls together images from my first year of teaching through my most recent year of teaching. In the journaling, I reflect on the trajectory of my career and my shifting perceptions of the "job" that became a vocation.
Here's to the next twenty!

P.S. If you'd like to see a sketch of this page, you can find one at GIS. 

5 comments:

  1. Love this Jill! Especially the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, your teaching goes well beyond the classroom. I have learned so much from your wonderful way with words, and of course your creative way of combining them with pictures and innovative use of the fun products available to memory keepers. Congratulations on your 20th year of giving your gift to your many and varied students!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks for your kind words, Mary! This made my day.

      Delete
  3. You were so cute 20-ish years ago. Didn't change much:)
    And I love the way you tell your stories, you are a very good writer and story teller.

    ReplyDelete